In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through how to set up recurring events – here are some examples of when this may be useful for your event:
If you run multiple classes on a weekly basis.
If you host a monthly workshop.
If you are ticketing entry to an attraction where you want to sell slots for different times of the day, over a long period of time.
💡 If you are running a festival or an event with different locations or descriptions during each occurrence, you will want to create separate events or one event with different ticket types.
Before we get into the instructions, there are a few important points to bear in mind with this feature:
Recurring events work by creating ‘occurrences’ of an event. These occurrences will always share the same event details and set up, including ticket types. The occurrences cannot have separate details, apart from the date and time.
All occurrences of an event will also share the same order confirmation and order checkout settings.
Watch how to set up a recurring event: (3m watch)
Let’s walk through how to set up a recurring event:
1) Head to ‘Events’ and click on ‘Add new event’ to get started.
2) Enter the name of your event – remember this name will be the same title across all occurrences of your event.
3) Select the checkbox ‘This is a recurring event.’ under the dates and times. (The dates and times will disappear - don’t worry you will add them on the next page).
5) Continue to fill out all of the other details for your events, including the ticket types and the general event settings.
Please note: The settings and ticket types you chose here will automatically be applied to all occurrences of the event. For example, if you chose to put 20 tickets on sale, this will mean each occurrence of the event will have 20 tickets available.
6) Hit ‘Save event’. You will be redirected to a new ‘Manage occurrences’ page where you can add the dates and times of your event occurrences.
7) You can choose to add repeating occurrences or single occurrences.
7a) To add repeating occurrences, click the ‘Add repeating occurrences’ button. Then add the duration of your event, or select that your event will occur all day. If your event runs multiple sessions in the same day, you can schedule all time slots by clicking the ‘Add another time’ button.
7b) Next, you can schedule the repeating dates for which your above event times will run.
Select the first date your event will run. If your event repeats daily or weekly, select this
from the drop down menu, and then select the end date when prompted.
If the events are scheduled less frequently, select ‘n/a’ in the dropdown, and choose your specific dates, using the ‘Add another date’ button.
7c) To add a single occurrence, click the ‘Add single occurrence’ button. Input the date and time duration of your occurrence. You can add more occurrences by repeating this step, or by following the steps for repeating occurrences in steps 7a and 7b.
8) You can then click on ‘Preview event page’ to check if it all looks ok. Once you are happy, you can set your event live by hitting ‘Publish’ on the dropdown at the top of your dashboard:
Note that by clicking ‘Publish’ you are putting live all occurrences of the event, and they will all be available for sale via the same event page:
9) Click ‘Change event state’ and you’re all set! Here’s what it will look like for your ticket buyers: