The standard Ticket Tailor checkout form gathers basic information about your attendees, but you may wish to ask further questions when your ticket buyer places their order. This tutorial will show you how to customise the checkout form for all your events.
- From the Settings section of your dashboard, choose Checkout form from the side menu.
- Here you can edit the compulsory Buyer only questions (those showing a red *) using the pencil icon. With most of the standard questions you can only edit the label, but in the case of the Address question, you can choose between UK, US, and Canadian addressing styles (so ‘zip code’ vs ‘postcode’, for example).
- You can also delete questions (with the exception of Name and Email) using the trash can icon, and reorder the questions by clicking and dragging the directional-arrow icon.
- To add a new question click the orange button marked Add a question. Next, choose whether you want your question to be posed to the buyer only, or whether you need an answer from every attendee (for example dietary requirements).
- Here you can choose the type of question you want to ask - whether a single line of text, an answer from a drop-down list of options, radio buttons or checkboxes. You can also choose whether or not the question should be compulsory.
- When you’re done, click the orange Save custom question button. Questions will now appear in your Buyer only and Attendee questions lists and can be edited, deleted and reordered as with the standard questions.
Things to note:
- Note that any checkout form questions you create under Settings will be asked to attendees for ALL your events. To ask event-specific questions, go to the Events section of your dashboard, find the event and choose Edit checkout form from the side menu.