In order to take payments from your attendees you’ll need to be set up with a payment processor. Ticket Tailor allows you to use either PayPal or Stripe, and both platforms allow buyers to pay with credit and debit cards. In PayPal’s case, the buyer can also use their existing PayPal balance. This tutorial will show you how to connect your PayPal account for use with Ticket Tailor.
(1) From the Settings section of your dashboard, choose Payment systems from the side menu.
(2) Click the button marked Connect a PayPal account.
(3) You'll be taken to a PayPal page to connect your account to 'Zimma Ltd', this is our company which Ticket Tailor trades under:
(4) You can then select if you're using it for personal or business use:
(5) You'll then be asked to connect your account:
Once you hit Agree and Connect, you'll be directed back to Ticket Tailor.
You'll then be presented with a pop-up to chose whether you want to use PayPal for all new events, and/or existing ones:
Things to note:
- Payment processing fees are applied by PayPal.
- This help article refers to using the new PayPal Commerce integration. This is in the process of being rolled out to all customers. The legacy PayPal integration is more limited with payment options and fees are 3.4% + 20p / transaction for UK and 2.9% + 30c / transaction for US.