Discount codes are a great way to generate sales or reward certain groups of potential attendees. This tutorial will show you how to create and track discount codes that can be used against any of your events.
- From the Promote section of your dashboard, choose Promo codes from the side menu.
- Click the orange button marked Add a new discount code.
- In the pop-up window, give your discount a Name (for your reference), and a Discount code (for your attendees to use at checkout). You can set your discount code as a fixed amount off the face value of your ticket, or as a percentage. In the Face value discount and Booking fee discount boxes, you can choose to take money off either the ticket cost, the booking fee (should you have created one), or both.
- When you’re done, click the orange Save discount code button. Your discount codes will now appear in a list on the Promotional codes page.
- Follow the Assign to tickets link if you want the code to apply to a specific ticket type or group.
Things to note:
- It is not currently possible to limit the number of uses of a discount code. However, you can edit and delete your code at any time if you want it to become invalid.