Discount codes are a great way to generate sales or reward certain groups of potential attendees. This tutorial will show you how to create and track discount codes that can be used against any of your events.
1. From the 'Promote' section of your dashboard, choose 'Promo codes' from the side menu.
2. Click the button marked 'Create discount code'.
3. In the pop-up window, give your discount a Name (for your reference), and a Discount code (for your attendees to use at checkout). You can set your discount code as a fixed amount off the face value of your ticket, or as a percentage.
In the Face value discount and Booking fee discount boxes, you can choose to take money off either the ticket cost, the booking fee (should you have created one), or both
4. Optionally, if you want your discount code to become invalid at a set date and time, select the check box which says 'Expire at a set date and time'. Then enter the date and time at which you don't want your discount code to be used by ticket buyers.
5. When you’re done, click 'Save discount code'.
5. You'll then be able to assign the code to the event, or events, you wish to apply it to:
Things to note:
It is not currently possible to limit the number of uses of a discount code. However, you can edit and delete your code at any time if you want it to become invalid.
Tickets issued with a 100% discount code applied are considered 'free tickets' and will not incur a service fee.
Only one discount code will be accepted per order.