When running in-person events, there may be restrictions in place to manage event capacity and ensure the safety of those attending.
Using our capacity management features, you can be assured that you'll only ever sell the legal amount of tickets permitted for your event.
On the day of the event, our free check-in app will also help you keep an accurate count of how many attendees have checked-in.
Let’s use the example of a parent and child painting workshop.
There will be two sessions during the day, at 1pm and 3pm, and no more than 20 people in total are permitted at either session.
The tickets are sold separately (different prices) for adults and children, so we want to make sure that the total sold never goes above 20.
Here’s how we would set that up:
1. As we want time-slots for this event, on the 'Edit event and tickets' page, we would select the checkbox ‘This is a recurring event.’ under the dates and times to create a recurring event. If your event is only scheduled for one date or time, skip this step and start at step 2.
2. On the ‘Edit event and tickets’ page for your event, scroll down to the ‘Create ticket types’ section and click on ‘Add a new ticket group’:
2. Set the Group title, which will be visible to the ticket buyer. Then set your capacity limit. For our painting workshop example, the limit is 20 attendees:
Hit ‘Save ticket group’.
3. Next, you need to add some tickets to the group. Click on ‘Add a new ticket type’:
4. Then add your first ticket type. In this example, we’ll add ‘Adult tickets’.
Set the quantity to match your maximum capacity, 20 in this example.
Then click on ‘Show advanced settings’ to: a) set which Group the ticket type should be under and b) toggle whether you want to show publicly on the event page how many tickets are remaining
Hit ‘Save ticket’. You’ll now see the ticket type listed under the group:
5. Repeat the process to add your second ticket type, in this example, we’ve added Child tickets:
This will mean that you can never sell more than 20 tickets across this session, but there is flexibility with the ratio of adult to child tickets sold, e.g. you could sell 5 adult tickets and 15 children tickets.
6. To add another session for a different time, schedule your timeslots on your occurrences page, and your ticket types and groups will copy over. Alternatively, you could copy your entire event.
Once you have finished adding your ticket groups and types, here is what our finished example would look like: