Note: The Desktop App is a legacy feature and only available for classic events.
The Ticket Tailor desktop check-in app enables you to check attendees into your event from any desktop computer or laptop, even when you’re offline. This tutorial will show you how to set up the app and check-in attendees.
- From the Events section of your dashboard, find your event and choose Attendee check-in from the side menu.
- Click the button labelled “Launch the desktop app”.
- Here you can choose the type of device you’re using and give it a name, for example “Tom’s Laptop”. Click the orange “Save” button.
- You’ll be prompted to bookmark the check-in app so you can get back to it easily. When you’re done, follow the on-screen instructions to get to the main app screen.
- Start typing the name of an attendee or enter their ticket code and the order will appear below the search box. You can also scan the attendee’s ticket with a USB Barcode Scanner. Click the attendee’s name and select how many tickets you’re checking in at that time.
- As you check attendees in, the progress bar at the bottom of the app will show you how many of your attendees have been checked in. If you have marked an attendee as checked-in by mistake, you can click “RESTORE” to undo the check-in.
Things to note:
- At present, the Ticket Tailor desktop check-in app only works in the Google Chrome browser. If you don’t have Google Chrome, you can download it here. The app is currently in beta and we recommend that you have an alternative check-in system as a backup (e.g. a printed out doorlist or a spreadsheet downloaded onto a laptop).
- When using the app offline, please be aware that while check-ins will work, they won’t synchronise with any other devices you are running the app on until you connect to the internet again.